Objectives of the
- To prevent, diagnose, manage and treat all urological conditions.
- To provide adequate and compassionate care to all patients seen by the Division, both In
and Out-patient, both service and private.
- To maintain a training program to produce skilled urologists
according to the mandates of the Philippine Board of Urology.
- To maintain an active research program to increase the store of Urological knowledge in
both local and international literature.
- To maintain and operate an efficient and orderly out-patient clinic specializing in all Urological conditions.
- To diagnose and intervene promptly and efficiently in all Urological
conditions referred from the emergency room and other departments.
- To perform skilled major, minor and out-patient Urological procedures.
- To maintain a well-equipped and efficient Urological operating theatre.
- To admit and confine elective and emergency Urological cases with the emphasis on
- To provide adequate exposure to all aspects of Urology to all residents-in-training.
- To provide a stepwise program of responsibilities and training
objectives to each resident-in-training to each year
- To provide continuing medical education in all Urological sub-specialties for all
residents-in-training, in the form of library resources, conventions, lectures, symposia,
- To implement a training program that conforms to or beyond the
requirements prescribed by the Philippine Board of Urology.
- To accomplish active clinical and experimental research in all Urological
sub-specialties to be presented and published in both local and
Objectives of the
- To provide for all Internet World Wide Web users easy access to a wide variety of
information on Urologic disease and its management.
- To provide information on the National Kidney and Transplant Institute Division of
Urology, its features, objectives, personnel,
training opportunities and medical
- To provide an easy means of communicating to any staff member
of the Division.
- To provide a center of communications for alumni of the Division.
This site if being offered
as a service to the public free-of-charge and is not supported by funding, services or
material by any commercial or non-commercial organization at this time.
All resources used in this
site are provided for free by institutions in the Internet or via personal donations by
members of the NKTI Division of Urology Staff.
All medical/health advice provided and hosted by
this site is given by trained physicians licensed by the Philippine Board of Medicine and
Board-Certified in Urology by the Philippine Board of
Consultations in this site are designed to support, NOT REPLACE, the
relationship that exists between a patient and his or her existing physician.
Competent medical advise can be provided only by a direct face-to-face interactive
interview, complete history taking, and physical examination. The inherent
limitations of email messaging or even chat conversations makes truly reliable clinical
advise impossible. Thus, this site intends only to give a patient a starting point
in the management of his or her problem, or as support to an existing management by a
Confidentiality of data relating to individual patients and visitors to
this site, including their identity is respected totally. All information will be
kept confidential. During instances that a case has to be discussed with fellow
health professionals, the name will be replaced by initials and only the clinical aspects
of the case is revealed.
The owners of this site disclaim any liability to any damage to life or
property resulting from advise received from consult at this site. As stated before,
a true face-to-face consultation is essential for a good clinical evaluation.
If you wish to address the consultation to a specific consultant, please
mention this in the "How may we help you?" space. It may take him a longer
time to respond however.
[What's New] [About Urology] [About the Division] [Objectives] [Patient Services] [Training Services] [Publications] [Personnel] [NKTIUAA] [Links][Mailing/Chat] [Consultations] [Feedback]